OpenAI’s ChatGPT LLM (Large Language Model) has the steepest adoption curve of any new technology in history, reaching 100 million users in the two months following its launch in November 2022. Like many, we in the DXC Practice for Salesforce have enjoyed ‘playing’ with the ChatGPT chatbots and exploring how its amazing capabilities could be harnessed to solve the problems of our customers more efficiently.
This curiosity is balanced by our legacy of working with some of the largest public sector and defence customers in the world, where we understand the absolute criticality of the privacy and protection of customer data and business intellectual property.
This is why we are so excited by the introduction of Salesforce’s suite of AI capabilities, which balance leveraging the power of artificial intelligence across sales, service, marketing and even software development itself with uncompromised security and data protection.
Launching a beta version in March 2023, ‘Einstein GPT’ is the latest in Salesforce’s Einstein suite of products, and is claimed to be the world’s first generative AI for CRM.
For those still coming to terms with the new language, ‘generative AI’ relates to the creation or generation of new content inspired by data the model has been trained on, in contrast to historical models which have focused on analysis and pattern identification. This has opened a world of possibilities in content creation, as well as sparking the introduction of protest hashtags such as #humanmade in response to AI’s rapid adoption. A current challenge for anyone using generative AI is its unpredictability and propensity to generate incorrect or harmful responses.
Risks like this are why the DXC Practice for Salesforce is getting behind Salesforce’s Trusted AI Principles:
- Responsible – safeguard human rights and protect the data we are entrusted with.
- Accountable – seek and leverage feedback for continuous improvement.
- Transparent – develop a transparent user experience to guide users through machine-driven recommendations. Be transparent about how we build our AI.
- Empowering – promote economic growth and employment for our customers, their employees and society as a whole. Empower our customers to use AI responsibly.
- Inclusive – respect the societal values of all those impacted, not just those of the creators.
We want our customers to reap the benefits of generative AI, whilst navigating safely through its potential pitfalls. Salesforce’s AI Cloud has a key feature called the ‘Einstein GPT Trust Layer’ that is designed with this in mind. In particular, its data masking feature removes all personal information from the prompt before it is passed to the LLM (e.g. ChatGPT or BYO AI model), and once the content is generated, Salesforce then reinserts the personal information in the relevant places, with it ever being visible to the LLM.
At DXC, we want to ensure that AI is safe and inclusive for all, and is used accurately and ethically. While Salesforces AI Cloud and GPT suite capabilities are still very new, its AI prompt services are based on foundational technologies that DXC has been working with since 2008, making us one of the longest serving partners in the region and well positioned to help our customers with this journey.
DXC can help you safely harness the power of artificial intelligence in your business, allowing you to explore a variety of benefits including:
- Sales – generating hyper-personalised communications designed to optimise influence and reduce deal cycle times, automatically transcribe and summarise calls with follow up actions to maximise productivity, and generate new leads with high probability of conversion based on existing customer profiles.
- Service – auto-generating recommended Agent responses to customer problems, based on like-customer data and CSAT recommendations, reduce average handling time and increase first call resolution by surfacing knowledge and recommendations from similar cases and customers.
- Marketing - dynamically generating personalised content including product descriptions, blog posts, social media content, and email campaigns to engage individual customers and prospects or a target group across email, mobile, web, and advertising.
These capabilities and more will become ‘generally available’ in Salesforce in 2023, so don’t be left behind. Reach out to your DXC Account executive or email to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how as one of the most experienced salesforce implementation partners, DXC can support a safe and seamless journey to AI implementation.